Learn about our team
- 1981 : ND Architectural Technology T1 & T2 (ML Sultan Technikon-Durban
- 1989 : Bachelor of Architecture University of Natal (Durban)
- South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP) Professional Registration No. 5205 (1993)
- South African Institute of Architects (SAIA)
- KwaZulu-Natal Institute for Architecture (KZNIA)
- CNN Architects: Co-founder and Principal Architect for eleven years.
- Ing Jackson Architects
- Vandeverre Apsey & Robinson Urban Planners and Architects (VARA)
- MA Gafoor Architects.
- Medium to large-scale institutional projects / architectural heritage & conservation / sports developments / low-income housing / urban design/ tourism facilities / retail & commercial / educational facilities / cultural institutions
- Part-time lecturer in the Department of Architecture, Technikon Natal
- Written for the Wetlands Wire on the Greater St. Lucia Heritage Park, and has had various projects published in local,national and international architectural journals.
- Representative of the KwaZulu Natal Institute of Architects as an assessor to an architectural competition
- Presented at the scientific conference Environment of the St. Lucia Wetland: Process of Change
- Pan African Parliment. Midrand, Gauteng. Winner of a Continental Competition
- Forced Removals Museum. Cato Manor, Durban. Winner of a National Competition
- uMkhumbane Heritage Place. Cato Manor, Durban.
- Master Planning of Health Facility. University of Kwa-Zulu Natal (UKZN), Durban.
- Wentworth Housing (Then House of Representatives). Wentworth, Durban
- Urban Design for KwaMashu Town Centre. KwaMashu, Durban.
- Princess Magogo Stadium FIFA 2010 Training Venue. KwaMashu, Durban.
- Durban University of Technology (DUT) Roof Refurbishments. DUT, Durban.
- Durban University of Technology (DUT) Conversion of Scala Theatre to Kitchen and Dining Facilities. Durban.
- University of Kwa-Zulu Natal (UKZN) Music School. UKZN, Durban.
- Lilani Hot Springs Resort. Lilani, Greytown, Kwa-Zulu Natal.
- Kendra Retirement Home. Durban. Winner of Invited Architects Competition.
- Point Precinct Urban Design. Point Precinct, Durban.
- Timeball Tower. Point Precinct, Durban.
- Tourism Infrastructure. Greater St. Lucia Wetland Park, Kwa-Zulu Natal.
- University of Kwa-Zulu Natal (UKZN) Student Residence; Westiville Campus
- University of Kwa-Zulu Natal (UKZN) Student Residence Proposal. UKZN Edgewood Campus
- University of Kwa-Zulu Natal (UKZN) Student Residence Proposal. UKZN Howard College Campus
- Point Harbour Tunnel. Point Precinct, Durban.
- Point Sewer Pump Station. Point Precinct, Durban.
- Urban Design for Sibaya One Planet Living Mixed Use Development. Sibaya Precinct, Kwa-Zulu Natal.
- Rivertown Precinct Urban Design. Rivertown, Durban.
- Rivertown Beerhall and Gallery. Rivertown, Durban.
- Collections Facility for Durban Art Gallery (DAG) and Local History Museum. Durban.
- Palmer Street Recycle Pick-Up Centre. Rivertown, Durban.
- Warwick Precinct Proposals:
- New Inter-modal Transport and Trade Hub.
- New Concourse for Berea Road Station
- Berea Road Station Retail and Informal Traders
- Berea Station Mall
- Taxi Rank
- Proposed African Bazaar
- Linkages to IRPTN
- Urban Analysis of Warwick Precinct and Markets.
- Analysis of Pedestrian Movement and Counts in Association with Arup.
Competitions and Awards
- Pan African Parliament, Winner of a Continental Competition in 2007.
- Cato Manor Museum, Winner of a Nation Wide Competition in 2003.
- Kendra Gardens Retirement Home, Winner of the Invited Competition in 2006.
- Durban University of Technology (DUT) Student Village, Design Tender Winner in 2009.
- Princess Magogo Stadium (FIFA 2010 Training Venue), Design Tender Winner.
- Point Sewer Pump Station, Award Winner 2014
- Durban University of Technology (DUT) City Campus, Award Winner ‘Bell Tower’ Restoration in 2010.
- Timeball Tower, Kwa-Zulu Natal Institute for Architects (KZNIA) Building of Merit in 2009.
- Timeball Tower, Special Award Winner Technical Excellence SSASA in 2009.
- 2010 FIFA World Cup Venue Design Tender: Top 6 Finalist.
- Point Sewer Pump Station in 2014
- Grand Prix Winner – African Architecture Awards 2017
- Outstanding Paper/ Design Work Presentation Award at the 2017 International Union of Architects (UIA) in Seoul, South Korea.
1995 N.Dip. Architectural Technology
1996 B.Tech Architectural Technology< memberships
South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP) / No. ST 0331
- Sports development / tourism facilities / retail & commercial / educational facilities / cultural institutions
- Worked For:
- Choromanski Architects From 1997 – 2000
- CNN Architects From 2000 – 2008
- Choromanski Architects From 2008 – Current
Memberships with Professional Societies
2000-2008 CNN Architects
Associate for 5 years 1997-2000 Choromanski Architects
- Pan African Parliament, Continent wide competition winner
- Forced Removals Museum
- Durban University of Technology(DUT) – Maritime Studies
- Durban University of Technology(DUT) – Industrial Engineering
- Durban University of Technology(DUT) – Video and Technology
- Princess Magogo Stadium
- Durban University of Technology(DUT) – Roof Renovations and Refurbishments
- Durban University of Technology(DUT) – Conversation of Scala Theater
- University of Kwa-Zulu Natal (UKZN) Music School
- Lilani Hotsprings
- Kendra Retirement Village
- Durban University of Technology(DUT), Student Residence, Westville Campus
- Warwick Precinct
- Rivertown Precinct
- Durban University of Technology (DUT) Residence; Walsingham, Stratford and Student Village
- Rivertown Beerhall
- Umlazi Recycle Centre
- Palmer Street Cardboard Pickup Facility
- Siyabonga Tourist Facility and Beach Ablutions
- Mangaliso Wetland Park
- Mkuse Game Reserve
- Durban University of Technology (DUT) Laboratories